Crochet Hats and More




Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Perfect for Baby

I have showed you before the infant pod bowl, perfect for a photo prop, but I decided I should make something to go with it. A headband with flower - I know it's for a girl, but I am working on something for boys too. It's perfect because it has a button at the back so it's adjustable and you can put any color of flower on it.













Now - this headband is super easy to make. I used the Lion brand quick and thick, size N hook and followed the Iris Patt.


Iris Patt

Row 1: (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in 5th ch from hook, * sk next 3 ch, (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next ch; rep from * to last 2 ch, sk next ch, dc in last ch, turn.


Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as a dc), sk first 3 dc, *(2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next ch-1 sp, sk next 4 dc; rep from * to last 2 dc, dc in top of turning ch, turn.


Repeat Row 2 for patt.


For this headband I started with a chain of 7 and worked the pattern until it was about 18" long, can be made to any length. I then attached a button, remember that it needs to be big enough so it won't fall through the stitches. And Voila.
I almost forgot - the flower. I found it at this site, 5-petal flower. It's definately my new favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment